F3 – Future of Fish Feed will convene a panel of major feed companies and producers to discuss the latest trends in fishmeal and fish oil replacement for shrimp, in a webinar on Thursday, 15 July at 5 am GMT.
Panellists will discuss the latest research breakthroughs, challenges, and potential for totally eliminating wild-caught feed ingredients in shrimp diets.
Shrimp consume roughly one-third of global fishmeal. Finding alternative ingredients and feeds for shrimp is critical for ocean health and for shrimp aquaculture to be sustained in the future. Shrimp farmers worldwide are vulnerable to the fluctuating prices of fishmeal, while simultaneously managing evolving disease crises.
The alternative protein sector for aquafeeds is growing rapidly and new ingredients are coming to the forefront to provide more stable sources of protein for shrimp feeds while also enhancing survival and immunity.
A Q&A session with representatives from Aqua Cognoscenti, Charoen Pokphand Foods, Gold Coin, Grobest, JAPFA and Minh Phu AquaMekong will follow panellist presentations.
This event is part of a year-long webinar series hosted by the F3 Team. The webinars are free and open to everyone. For more information and to register, visit: f3meeting.com/webinars.
- Dr Kevin Fitzsimmons, chair and judge of the F3 challenge, professor and director of international initiatives at The University of Arizona.
- Ardi Budiono, president director, PT Suri Tani Pemuka (STP) aquaculture division of JAPFA Group.
- Dr Erwin Suwendi, head of nutrition and feed technology, PT Suri Tani Pemuka (STP) aquaculture division of JAPFA Group.
- Jennifer Kuo, chief technology development and sustainability officer, Grobest Group.
- Robins McIntosh, executive vice president, Charoen Pokphand Foods.
- Dr Ewen McLean, consultant, Aqua Cognoscenti and F3.
- Dr Loc Tran, founder and director, Minh Phu AquaMekong Co.
- Alexandre Veille, shrimp nutritionist, Gold Coin Group.