The Marine Ingredients Organisation (IFFO), is an international trade organisation, and accredited observer of the UN FAO that represents the marine ingredients industry, such as fishmeal, fish oil and other related industries.
The full-day workshop will start on 12 December at 8:30 Beijing time and be held in the capital city of Guangdong province, and China’s largest aquafeed producing region.
Maggie Xu, China director at IFFO stated in a press release: “China is the world’s largest user of fishmeal. The workshop will focus on the global marine ingredients market, production and consumption in Vietnam, Europe and Chile, and regulations and standards on imported feed in China, fishmeal/fish oil application, and China fishmeal demand.”
This workshop will be an offline event and is open to both IFFO members and non-members. It will also take place in Chinese and English with simultaneous interpretation.
General format consists of presentations and panel discussions, covering topics that includes market dynamics, processing technology, value-added application, regulations, and standards.
Guest speaker list
- Duan Xiaohong, from China Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Association
- Professor and Dr H Gen, from Ocean University of China
- Professor and Dr Niu Jin, from Sun Yat-sen University
- Dr Xu Houguo, from the Yellow Sea Fisheries Research Institute, at Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences
- Henry Qu, China market analyst, from IFFO
- Ngo Nha Truc, deputy manager, from Kanematsu, Vietnam
- Anne Mette Baek, from Marine Ingredients Denmark and the European Fishmeal Association
- Francisco Ovalle, from Orizon, SA
- Huang Lun, animal protein purchasing director, Tongwei Agricultural Development Co