The role is a collaboration between Hatch – the world's leading aquaculture and alternative seafood accelerator, early stage investment firm and innovation services provider – and Bord Iascaigh Mhara (BIM), Ireland’s seafood development agency.
“The aim of the new position is to build a vibrant aquaculture community and help nurture a pipeline of indigenous Irish aquaculture talent whilst also raising the profile of the industry in Ireland and internationally,” says Wayne Murphy, co-founder and partner at Hatch, who will be the key contact for the successful applicant.
“It’s a chance to contribute to the further development of the Irish aquaculture sector while simultaneously joining a dynamic and entrepreneurial global team. As well as providing unique insights into emerging technologies it is also presents an opportunity to visit cutting-edge aquaculture facilities around the world and bring those learnings to the Irish experience,” he adds.
- Applications are welcome from candidates with experience, understanding and a background in aquaculture / marine / bluetech.
- Who have two or more years of relevant working experience in event management, project management or a similar field.
- And possess knowledge of the Irish aquaculture landscape.
- Drive the development of a coordinated national outreach programme to connect, promote, encourage and develop early stage aquaculture innovation in Ireland.
- Plan and coordinate local events to promote discussion and the further development of an Irish aquaculture eco-system by connecting all stakeholders and interested parties through workshops, events and / or industry meetings.
- Develop the value of the sector nationally and to raise Ireland’s profile internationally as a key location for innovation.
- Create and foster a network of key relationships within the aquaculture community to curate and identify early stage ideas and concepts.
- Manage day-to-day office administration and be the central point of contact for the project.
To apply, send a few lines and your CV to email@example.com. by 20 January 2021.