“As demand for fish protein continues to rise, fish farmers need solutions that can help them ensure consistent and sustainable harvests,” said Norman Lim, Regional Technical Manager for Aquaculture in Asia.
“MSD Animal Health has pioneered the development of tilapia vaccines in Asia, and we are pleased to expand our support through the High Quality Tilapia Meeting, to help fish farmers increase their productivity by taking an integrated approach to health management.”
The High Quality Tilapia Meeting will feature sessions led by industry experts and MSD Animal Health representatives on a variety of topics related to tilapia production, including disease trends in Asia, the role of diagnostics and genetics, and the benefits of an integrated approach to health management. Sessions and speakers include:
- Session Introduction - Chris Haacke, MSD Animal Health
- Tilapia Disease Trends in Asia – Dr Chang Siow Foong, MSD Animal Health, R&D Site Lead, Singapore
- The Importance of Diagnostics in the Health Management Process – Dr Diana Chee, Aquatic Veterinarian, Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority, Singapore
- The Role of Genetics in Animal Health and its Contribution to Sustainable Production – Dr Jim McKay, Group Director, Science and Technology, Aviagen UK (EW Group)
- Quality Healthy Fingerlings – Dr Prakan Chiarahkhongman , CPF (Thailand)
- Nutrition and Health Management – Dr Minh Anh Pham, Aqua R&D Manager, InVivo NSA
- Integrated Approach to Tilapia Health Management – Norman Lim, MSD Animal Health
- Certification and Implications for Health Management – Michiel Fransen, Standards and Certification Coordinator, Aquaculture Stewardship Council
The introduction of vaccination in aquaculture has led to high levels of sustainability, productivity and improved performance in many major fish farming industries around the world. This approach to disease prevention has also allowed for investment in more efficient production methods and better feed utilization and formulations, driving sustainable production growth.
To register for the Tilapia 2015 Congress, visit http://infofish.org/tilapia2015/index.php/programme.