After the success of 2022, when the Mowi Salmon Wagon raised thousands of pounds for charities and communities, the food truck is set to attend ten major events this summer. It will travel from Rosyth to Kyle of Lochalsh, with stops at Achiltibuie, Appin, Benbecula, Isle of Harris, Isle of Skye, Kilchoan, Newtonmore and North Uist along the way.
The food truck, run by Mowi, the world's largest salmon farming company, will be stocked with Mowi salmon, and all proceeds from the sale of food – including salmon fillet burgers and salmon noodle salads – will go to ten local charities, one selected for each event.
As Jayne MacKay, community engagement officer at Mowi Scotland, explains in a press release: “After the success of last year, we are excited to hit the road again to support another ten brilliant events, which are vital social occasions for our local communities. From village galas, agricultural shows and Highland games to festivals, women’s shinty finals and fundraisers for RNLI lifeboat stations, we can’t wait to show our support for these gatherings which forms a key part of Mowi’s commitment to help the communities we work in thrive.”
The Salmon Wagon will attend the following events this summer:
- 27 May – Rosyth Children’s Gala, Rosyth
- 1 July – Coigach Gathering, Achiltibuie
- 21 July – West Ardnamurchan Show & Sports, Kilchoan
- 25 July – South Harris Agricultural Show, Leverburgh, Isle of Harris
- 27 July – North Uist Show, North Uist
- 28 July – Eilean Dorcha Festival, Liniclate, Benbecula
- 5 August – Skye Agricultural Show, Portree, Isle of Skye
- 19 August – Appin Agricultural Show, Appin
- 2 Sept – Camanachd Women’s Finals Day, Newtonmore
- 9 Sept – Maritime Day, Kyle of Lochalsh
Click here for more information about the Mowi Salmon Wagon and the charities the food truck will support in 2023.