HIS is part of Hatch Blue, the global aquaculture investor and accelerator, which has key hubs in Norway, Hawaii, Singapore, UK and Ireland.
HIS provides advice, consulting and support services to companies, entrepreneurs, governments and investors across the globe. It is seeking an experienced, full-time data and business analyst to support its team of consultants in the sourcing, analysis and presentation of data for its clients.
HIS is seeking an individual to:
- Develop its processes, procedures and policies for data acquisition, data storage and data retrieval.
- Create and manage a HIS Knowledge Centre, to capture and curate data and information acquired across its business.
- Identify areas to increase efficiency and automation of current processes.
- Set up and maintain automated data processes.
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data acquisition and analysis.
- Monitor and audit data quality.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to fully understand data support requirements.
- Gather, understand and document detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Design and carry out surveys and analyse survey data.
- Manipulate, analyse and interpret complex data sets relating to our clients’ businesses.
- Prepare high-quality reports for internal and external audiences.
- Create data graphics (and other visuals) such as dashboards, graphs and visualisations.
This is a full-time role. The individual will initially be employed on a 12-month basis with the opportunity, based on performance, to extend / become a permanent role. Ideally applicants will be based in UK or Norway, although HIS will consider other locations or remote working. International travel will be required.
Knowledge and experience of aquaculture is not necessary but experience of sourcing, analysing and presenting data on markets and businesses is critical. A scientific background or experience would be desirable, as well as experience in working with innovative start-up companies.
HIS promises a competitive remuneration package, including bonus and pension contributions, tailored to the experience and expertise of the individual.
Please send a 2-page CV, with a covering letter and details of your current remuneration, to email@example.com.