The Eco-Trap system’s center main drain handles the primary water exchange for a RAS tank; while a smaller integrated solids drain provides an in-tank means for fast and efficient waste removal. Up to 50% of the waste solids can be removed from the tank within minutes of their generation. The Eco-trap system makes RAS tanks self-cleaning by pulling solids to the middle of the tank where they are automatically removed.
Once collected, the Eco-Trap system moves these waste materials through a side-stream solids drain to a polyethylene waste collector that is mounted on the side of each tank. Solids are collected and concentrated in a side-stream flow consisting of approximately 5% of the total flow from the tank.
Easy observation of the waste collector by the farm operator allows for reductions in feed waste to individual tanks, thus controlling one of the single largest economic inputs to RAS aquaculture.
From an investment point of view, using Eco-Trap technology reduces the size and complexity of other associated waste solids removal technologies such as drum-screen filters and bead filters.
Additionally, Eco-Trap technology can reduce the size of the biofilter required to control ammonia nitrogen in culture water. The Eco-Trap system contains no moving parts and nothing to wear out; and it has been proven in many commercial RAS installations worldwide.
Visit PentairAES.com/eco-trap for complete information.
- Provides a self-cleaning action by automatically removing solids by pulling them to the middle of the tank
- Observation window in the waste collector makes it easy to identify feed waste
- Nothing to wear out as there are no moving parts
- Reduces the size and complexity of other associated waste solids removal technologies
- Adaptors are available for applications that utilize metric plumbing