The company, which has been in operation for over 40 years, is one of the world's most recognised producers of aquaculture technology and providers of service/support.
The opportunity has arisen due to an impending retirement. Based in the company’s Inverness office, candidates need to have a proven track record of consultative sales excellence, a passion for aquaculture and a strong customer focus.
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for driving the sales activity for the business, helping to shape and develop new business opportunities and aid with the development of the strategic direction for the organisation. A core part of the role will include ownership of the sales strategy, process and reporting, along with product and profitability analytics.
With management of a small team, a geographic area that includes some of the most stunning parts of the UK & Ireland and a broad product offering, applicants will need to demonstrate strong leadership skills, good time management abilities along with strong self-motivation and outstanding organisational skills.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven track record of sales excellence and delivering business growth
- Able to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Experience in marketing and launching new products
- Confident negotiator and effective decision maker
- Pro-active follow up and an ability to develop strong and enduring relationships
- Ability to influence and motivate
- A passion for aquaculture
- Full UK driving license
- Willingness to travel both within the UK and overseas
- Knowledge of the UK and Irish aquaculture sector
- Experience managing a small team
- Coaching and mentoring experience
- A good sense of humour
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- 27 days holiday plus 4 Additional at Christmas & New Year
- Participation in the AKVA group Scotland bonus scheme
Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 August.