The Jamie Oliver by Youngs range - featuring MSC-certified pollock fish fingers and crispy salmon & pollock fishcakes will be made in Grimsby and goes on sale nationwide next month.
Jamie Oliver says: Fish is delicious and good for you but, as most of us know, we need to be careful about over-fishing. What Ive done with my range by Youngs is focused on delicious, convenient favourites like fish cakes and fish fingers but Ive made sure that were using sustainable fish so the mums and dads can buy a great product with no nasties.
Jamie adds: There might be people saying why has Jamie gone into frozen? My fish with Youngs is frozen within a matter of hours of being caught at its best - locking in all that fantastic flavour, no mucking about and as usual, Ive been all over the recipes making sure were using chunks of fish and not minced fish. Its about making simple, delicious food accessible and affordable without compromising on the environment.
Natasha Gladman, Marketing Director at Youngs Seafood Limited, says: Youngs has been producing seafood for more than 200 years, and weve long been committed to sustainable fishing as the industry leader. It was a natural meeting of minds working with Jamie on his range, and were delighted with the results. Weve really been driven by our shared passion for fish stocks for the future and improving the nations diet.
Jamie introduces the sustainable fish used in Jamie Oliver by Youngs
Wild MSC Alaska pollock
Full of flavour, this delicious white fish has a beautiful flaky texture which works really well in our range of products. Alaska pollock is a member of the cod family. It has only recently started to gain popularity as an alternative species to cod or haddock.
Wild MSC Alaska salmon
This is a beautiful pink salmon that has the perfect texture and flavour for our range of products. The salmon is full of vitamins and minerals, thanks to its diet and environment. All these health benefits are retained when the fish is frozen.
Our pollock and salmon are all Marine Stewardship Council-certified, which means the fisheries where they came from use sustainable fishing methods, while minimising their impact on the environment.
Scottish-landed North Sea whiting
Our smoked whiting is caught off the Scottish coast. The fish is smoked in Scotland using smoke from beech wood chips and a little bit of salt, which gives it its beautifully delicate smoky flavour and natural colour.
Whiting, considered an under-utilised species, is a soft delicate white fish with a flaky texture that works beautifully in our fishcakes. The fish is responsibly sourced in line with Youngs Fish for Life programme from a fishery that adheres to Youngs 10 Principles for Responsible Fish Procurement.
Jamie Oliver by Youngs Full Product List
- two crispy salmon & pollock fishcakes with a hint of basil & Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- two crispy pollock fishcakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & juicy sweetcorn
- two crispy pollock fishcakes with a sprinkling of chives & a dash of cream
- two crispy smoked whiting & pollock fishcakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & spinach
- two crispy salmon fishcakes with zesty lemon, fresh parsley & a little kick of chilli
- four mini crispy pollock fishcakes with oozy Cheddar cheese & juicy sweetcorn
- four mini pollock fishcakes with crunchy parsley breadcrumbs
- four mini salmon & pollock fishcakes with a splash of lemon & a hint of parsley
- Pollock fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska pollock fillet& juicy peas in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with my carrot & potato mash
- Salmon fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska salmon fillet and broccoli in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with my smooth potato mash
- Salmon & pollock fish pie with chunks of wild Alaska salmon & pollock, juicy sweetcorn and tasty spinach in a creamy cheese sauce, topped with my sweetcorn & potato mash
- Fish fingers made with 100 per cent Alaska pollock fillet, wrapped in my naturally golden crumb