ShapeShapeauthorShapecrossShapeShapeShapeGrouphamburgerhomeGroupmagnifyShapeShapeShaperssShape

Ban on Catching Bivalves due to Food Safety After Toxins Found

ARGENTINA - The National Health and Quality (SENASA) has warned the public of the ban on catching bivalves and gastropods from Shrimp Bay which have had toxins higher than the maximum allowable detected.

The bill was prepared by the Ministry of Fisheries of the province of Chubut in Resolution 272/2012.

SENASA through its Regional Centre Patagonia Sur, advises consumers to refrain from collecting shellfish for consumption in the area closed by the authorities.

Other suggestions include avoiding buying products which are not duly registered and authorised.

SENASA also recommended to keep food in freezers (-18 C), not to thaw at room temperature and to avoid thawing and refreezing seafood. Once prepared, consume as soon as possible.

Lucy Towers

Learn more