ShapeShapeauthorShapecrossShapeShapeShapeGrouphamburgerhomeGroupmagnifyShapeShapeShaperssShape

Sponsor message

Trusted custom mooring solution design, deployment and monitoring

Processing Salmon for Japan

by the Fish Site Editor
07 February 2011, at 12:00am

CHILE - Japanese company Mitsubishi has joined forces with Chilean company Prinar to form a salmon producing business, Southern Cross Seafoods.

A report on Fish Farming Xpert says that Prinar operates its own processing plant in Puerto Montt.

Southern Cross Seafoods is going to buy salmon and trout in Chile and process them through Prinar for the Japanese market.

The report says that Prinar will have 20 per cent of the new company, while Mitsubishi will hold the remaining 80 per cent.

the Fish Site Editor

Sponsored content