There has been one outbreak of Crayfish plague reported to the OIE.
The outbreaked occured at Oppsalsvatnet og Skittenholvatnet, SOR-TRONDELAG, on the 10 August 2011.
The outbreak effected a defined zone within the country and has been resolved.
So far, the outbreak has resulted in one case and no deaths.
The source of the outbreak was due to the introduction of new live animals.
Control measures applied include:
- Movement control inside the country
- Tracing forward
- Tracing back
- No vaccination
- No treatment of affected animals
Measures to be applied:
- Surveillance outside containment and/or buffer zone
- Official disposal of carcasses, by-products and waste
- Surveillance within containment and/or buffer zone