As a member of the Benchmark Genetics board, the commercial director is responsible for all sales of salmon ova, juveniles, smolts and lumpfish worldwide and the related commercial activities including commercial side of partnership with external producers.
- All commercial activities relating to sales within Benchmark’s salmon and lumpfish activities.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Benchmark Genetics strategic plan.
- Coordinate commercial activities across Benchmark Genetics.
- Organise sales and logistics departments in Norway, Iceland, Faroes, Scotland, Chile, other salmon countries.
- Responsible for sales support involving other parts of SalmoBreed/Benchmark Genetics such as the quality, health, documentation and genetics functions.
- Lead commercial negotiations with license partners and follow up of these contracts including development of production plans, deliveries, etc.
- Responsible for developing and managing contracts and relationships with major salmon customers.
- Develop new markets, especially within land-based salmon farming.
- Organise sales activities, sales reporting routines, sales training and coaching of sales team.
- Responsible for sales budget and costs of sales team.
- Coordinate marketing activities with marketing department.
- Lead Benchmark Genetics key account management activities across all of Benchmark.
- Participate and represent Benchmark Genetics in customer meetings, conferences, seminars etc. and feedback opinions and preferences from customer/market side.
- Market intelligence from customers and competitors.
Qualifications and experience:
- International aquaculture sales, preferably salmon.
- Commercial management experience, preferably at international level.
- University degree education or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in international negotiations.
- Leading and managing a sales team.
- Able to make decisions, work across countries and identify new opportunities.
- Commercially astute with strong strategic capabilities.
- Target driven with excellent customer focused skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels and across a variety of global cultures.
- A self-starter comfortable with working with colleagues in a variety of international locations.
- Highly autonomous with effective time management abilities.
Reports to: Head of Genetics Direct
Reports: Sales managers Norway, Iceland, Scotland, Chile
Location: Norway, with regular national and international travel
To apply for this role, please email your CV and covering letter to Rob Squirrell.