Programs are currently in development for the various aspects of the conference and trade show which will be held in the state of the art Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Skretting Australasian Aquaculture 2008 will be the third in a series of biennial international conferences, meetings, events and trade shows. The event is building on the success of the previous two conferences which were attended by over 1400 delegates from 50 countries. Over 200 presentations were delivered, with the trade show being a highlight of the event.
Australasian Aquaculture has become renowned as the principal international conference and trade show throughout the Asia Pacific region. The diverse program has something of interest for all sectors of the aquaculture and related industries. The trade show has been expanded to include 130 booths and the conference organisers are busy preparing a fresh program with both local and international presenters that are guaranteed to inspire and motivate.
Some of the program highlights for 2008 will be:
- The latest innovations in product development and global marketing
- Developments in traceability and packaging technology
- Latest assessments of organic and eco labelling
- Round table discussions on climate change and possible influence on aquaculture
- Strategies to capitalise on growth opportunities and accessing new markets
- Consumer views; defining public perceptions
- Latest product platform technology for offshore aquaculture
- Exploiting new aquaculture technologies; growth areas, key trends and new product innovations
- Advances in aquatic animal health and welfare
- Engaging Pacific and Indigenous aquaculture
- Strategies to capitalise on the health benefits of seafood
- Incorporating nanotechnology into biofouling techniques
- Developing trends; from aquaculture to aquaponics
"We want to make sure people get the most value from participating in Australasian Aquaculture 2008" said Mr Simon Bennison, manager of the conference and CEO of the National Aquaculture Council (NAC).
Australasian Aquaculture is hosted by the National Aquaculture Council and supported by the Asia Pacific Chapter of the World Aquaculture Society, and the Australian Prawn Farmers Association. The event’s major sponsor, Skretting, is excited to continue their ongoing relationship with Australasian Aquaculture into 2008. The Australian Government Fisheries Research and Development Corporation are also continuing their highly beneficial sponsorship of the event.