There has been one outbreak of white spot reported to the OIE.
The outbreaked occured at a shrimp farm in Alleith, Makkah, Makkah, MAKKAH.
The outbreak is effecting shrimp within a defined zone of the country.
So far, the outbreak has resulted in 3000 cases, leading to 3000 deaths.
The source of the outbreak is continuing/unknown.
Control measures currently being applied include:
- Movement control inside the country
- Emergency harvest
- Tracing forward
- Surveillance outside containment and/or buffer zone
- Official destruction of clinically diseased aquatic animals
- Official destruction of aquatic animal products
- Official disposal of carcasses, by-products and waste
- Surveillance within containment and/or buffer zone
- No vaccination
- No treatment of affected animals