Aquaculture for all

Pond Management Guide - Chapter 5

title2_r2_c1.gif View Printable Version (PDF) Watch the Pond Management Video

Chapter 5 Sources of Additional Information

Information on pond stocking, fingerling and grass carp suppliers, pond management, and aquatic weed control is available from the North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service. Contact your county Cooperative Extension Center, or visit the NCCES Wildlife, Fisheries and Aquaculture web site: http://

Information on application rates, effectiveness, and water-use restrictions for aquatic herbicides may be found in the North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual, available at county Cooperative Extension Centers or by writing to Agricultural Chemicals Manual, Communication Services, Campus Box 7603, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-7603, or on the World Wide Web:

The North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission also can provide information on pond stocking, pond management, reclamation, and grass carp permits. Contact your district fisheries biologist or the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, 512 N. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC 27604-1188 (phone 919-733-3633).

Further information on pond planning, design, and construction is available from your county Natural Resources Conservation Service office. Permit information and requirements for pond construction that may affect streams or wetland areas can be obtained from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Wilmington District Regulatory Division, P. 0. Box 1890, Wilmington, NC 28402-1890 (phone: 910-251-4511, fax: 910-251-4025).

Information on dam safety and permit requirements is available from the North Carolina DENR Land Quality Section, Dam Safety Program, P.O. Box 27687, Raleigh, NC 27611-7687 (919-733-4574).

Create an account now to keep reading

It'll only take a second and we'll take you right back to what you were reading. The best part? It's free.

Already have an account? Sign in here