With aquaculture now providing nearly 50 per cent of global food fish supplies, FAO in partnership with NACA and the Thai Department of Fisheries, are organising the Global Conference on Aquaculture 2010, 9-12 June, Bangkok, Thailand, to evaluate where the sector stands today and prepare for the challenges ahead.
The objectives of the conference are to:
- Review the present status and trends in aquaculture development.
- Evaluate the progress made in the implementation of the 2000 Bangkok Declaration and Strategy.
- Address emerging issues in aquaculture development.
- Assess opportunities and challenges for future aquaculture development.
- Build consensus on advancing aquaculture as a global, sustainable and competitive food production sector.
The conference will provide a global forum to build consensus to advance sustainable aquaculture development and contribute to the Millennium Development Goals.
More information about the conference can be found on http://www.aqua-conference2010.org/.