- It helps to thin the blood
- It keeps blood vessels dilated
- It helps to prevent the formation of potentially fatal blood clots
- It helps to prevent the development of high blood-fat levels
- It protects against heartbeat abnormalities
Its because salmon is full of the health enhancing Omega-3s, EPA and DHA. These essential fatty acids aid blood flow round the body, helping to maintain a healthy heart and keep at bay the risk of cardiovascular disease. Its simple: salmon is a great way of maintaining a healthy heart.
If that's inspired you to start eating salmon but the idea of cooking the oil-rich fish scares you - think again - here's a simple and tasty way to start your healthy eating for all the family.
Source: Scottish Salmon - 11th August 2005