Ten topics are included in the call which has a budget of €42 million and has various deadlines between 20 October and 1 December 2011. The official call will be launched on 20th July 2011.
Ocean of Tomorrow 2012 Call topics include:
Theme 2: Agriculture, Food, Fisheries and Biotechnology
Five topics, €25 million, Deadline: 15th November 2011.
- Integrating the role of marine benthic ecosystems in fisheries management (€6m – 15 per cent SME);
- Providing molecular tools for assessing and monitoring the potential genetic impact of aquaculture on native populations (€3m – 15 per cent SME);
- Contaminants in seafood and their impact on public health (€4m - 10 per cent SME);
- Innovative biotechnologies for tackling oil spill disasters (€9m – 25 per cent SME);
- Biotechnological solutions for the degradation of synthetic polymeric materials (€3m - 25 per cent SME).
One project, €1million, Deadline – To Be Confirmed.
- Study of the environmental impacts of noise, vibrations and electromagnetic emissions from marine renewables.
Three topics, €13 million, Deadline 20th October 2011.
- Innovative tools for understanding and integrated assessment of Good Environmental Status (GES) of Marine Waters (€9m, - 15 per cent SME);
- Management and potential impacts of litter in the marine and coastal environment (€3m, - 15 per cent SME);
- Improve scientific knowledge base to support the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (€1m);
One topic, €3 million, Deadline 1st December 2011.
- Assessment and mitigation of noise impacts of maritime transport on the marine environment (€3m).